Shadowrun/SilCORE Conversion Change Log
16 January 2005
15 January 2005
- Added rules for Dispelling to the Basic
- Added Melee Weapons to the Gear Catalog,
including entries for the Monofilament Whip, Shock Gloves, and
14 January 2005
- Added the Mask, Physical Mask, Increase Reflexes, Oxygenate,
and Prophylaxis spells to the Spell
31 December 2004
- Added Enhanced Articulation to the Augmentation pages.
- Added the Physical Barrier and Astral Barrier spells to the
26 December 2004
- Revised the way paranormal animals are made; all paranormal
creatures have a positive PSY attribute (denoting their magical
nature). A note was made in the Critter
Catalog to this effect, and appropriate modifications were
made to the powers, weaknesses, and creatures.
19 December 2004
- Added Fire Elementals and Water Elementals to the Critter Catalog, as well as the Flame
Aura, Guard, and Immunity powers.
- Made modifications to the way critters use innate skills; these
have been noted in the Critter
12 December 2004
- Began work on Critter Catalog; Air
and Earth Elemental entries, along with their powers and
11 December 2004
20 November 2004
14 November 2004
- Added a note to the Character
Creation pages giving characters 4 free points worth
- Added rules for Fake Identities in the Miscellaneous rules.
13 November 2004
- Added entries for Cerebral Booster, Mnemonic Enhancer, Muscle
Augmentation, and Synaptic Accelerator to the Augmentation rules.
- Reduced the System Shock cost for level 2 Pathogenic Defense
and Toxin Extractor bioware on the Augmentation pages.
31 October 2004
- Completed the bioware base rules on the Augmentation page.
- Added entries for Pathogenic Defense, Symbiotes, Synthcardium,
Tailored Pheromones, and Toxin Extractor bioware to the
Augmentation page to make them
more consistent with other pages.
- Added the first bioware rules to the Augmentation pages.
24 October 2004
- Added a variety of armor types to the Augmentation rules.
- Added concealability ratings to all weapons in the Gear Catalog.
- Added assault cannon shells, flechette ammunition, non-lethal
ammunition, and tracer/incendiary ammunition to the Gear Catalog; edited the effects of
armor-piercing ammunition on vehicles to simply use the
Armor-Piercing system Perk.
23 October 2004
- Added some explanation to the Physical
Adept rules and began adding cites for powers translated
directly from the Shadowrun rules.
- Changed the target for the Drain test and the cost for the
first level of the Attribute Boost (Specific) adept power in
the Physical Adept rules.
- Added Astral Perception and Improved Ability (Specific) adept
powers to the Physical Adept
22 October 2004
- Minor editing of language on the Perks and Flaws page.
- Added some more notes on the Gear section of the Character Creation page.
- Small revisions to the language in the Gear
Catalog and added in rules for Armor-Piercing, Explosive,
Shot, and Subsonic small arms ammunition.
20 October 2004
17 October 2004
14 October 2004
- Moved Physical Adept information out of its original location
in the Magic rules and into its own
- Added rules for low-light, optical, passive thermal, active
thermal, and ultrasound sights to the Gear
11 October 2004
- Removed the damage reduction on the HK227S (after rereading
what DP9 did with the silencer in the Heavy Gear Equipment
Catalog) and clarified what type of sight sniper rifles
are assumed to have (both these changes were in the Gear Catalog).
- Fixed some wording on various sections in the Magic rules.
- Added silencers/sound suppressors to the Gear Catalog.
10 October 2004
- Significant changes have been made to the formatting of the
weapons entries in the Gear Catalog
for simplicity's sake.
- I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had missed a table
of example weapons in the SilCORE hardback (I think
that this appendix must have been added between the softcover
and hardcover versions of that book, and I just missed it when
I read through it). As a result, I went through the weapons
listed in the Gear Catalog and
adjusted many of them to be closer in line to the examples
given in that table. However, there are still some
significant differences, in places where I disagreed with the
choices made by DP9 for the SilCORE stats of weapons
or where the Shadowrun description of those weapons
made them significantly different from what was given in the
table of examples.
- Added Spell Defense rules to the Magic
9 October 2004
- Added the Vigorous Assault Cannon, SovArms LAW, and IWS
Multi-Launcher to the Gear Catalog.
26 September 2004
- Added Healthy Glow, Hibernate, Increase Attribute and Increase
Cybered Attribute spells to the Spell
- Completed entries for the Ultimax MMG and RPK HMG in the Gear Catalog.
22 September 2004
- Added Availability, Street Index, and Legality Code rules to
the Gear Catalog.
- Made significant additions to weapons entries in the Gear Catalog.
18 September 2004
11 September 2004
- Adding Conjuring Drain to the Magic
- Cleaned up and made revisions to attribute modifiers and the
amount of money a CP buys in the
Character Creation rules.
7 September 2004
- Added elemental services to the Magic
5 September 2004
- Revised the text for the Ares Viper Slivergun in the
Gear Catalog and moved it to the
Special Weapons category.
2 September 2004
- Revised the text and added stats for most weapons in the
31 August 2004
30 August 2004
- Began adding health spells to the Spell
- Cleaned up the recovery-inhibiting effects of Bone Lacing on
the Augmentation page.
- Changed the PSY cost of Headware Memory on the
29 August 2004
- Astral evasion and astral tracking rules added to the
- Added notes on Sustained and Permanent spells to the notes on
spell characteristics in the Spell Catalog.
17 August 2004
- Began work on the Spell Catalog;
all combat spells from SR3 have been added to the
- Added a paragraph about using spells to attack astral objects in
the appropriate section of the Magic
- Added a minimum radius for area of effect spells in the Magic rules.
- Slight changes to the language in the Magic rules.
- Added a section on Astral Objects in the Magic rules; some work is still necessary
with regard to use of spells against astral objects.