Sub-Attica has its own glossary of slang words; none of them are too
hard for the characters to pick up on in short order, as they are all used
with relative frequency by the prison population. For more general Sixth
World slang, you can read a pretty comprehensive list of Shadowrun slang
- A-Locked - Reference to being shoved out the airlock;
- BP - Before Proteus took over the prison.
- Bastard #1 & #2 - Yakashima and Proteus,
- Big - In trouble.
- CB2 - Cell Block 2. Something that doesn't exist, a
falsehood (Sub-Attica only has one cell block).
- Clocked - Fingered, accused of doing something.
- Dog-chains - Security measures, anything that limits
- Doggie Treats - Conjugal room privileges.
- Dragged - Drugged, wiped out.
- Dry-Side - On land.
- Fishing - Running errands, doing favors in exchange
- FO - Federal offense or an important prisoner
convicted of a federal offense. "13 is major FO."
- Grab - Loot or stolen items.
- Hard Sell - Prison commodities that can be used for
trade -- cigarettes, drugs, magazines, chips.
- Headache - PADD detonation.
- Hips - Short for hypocrite, a prisoner term for the
- Main C - Cell mate, buddy.
- Mercies - Disabled prisoners unable to pull normal
- PADDed Down - Having a PADD installed.
- Rich - High on drugs, wasted.
- Ridgerunner - Pirates, smugglers.
- Ripjob - Cyberware/bioware augmentation.
- Skoolin - Beating by a gang.
- Slip Side Up - The surface or feeling good.
- Slip Side Down - Sub-Attica or not well.
- Smilies - Pornography.
- Smooth - To steal from, to rip off.
- Toobin - Spending time in the 'tube'.
- Uncooked - Unaugmented, without cyber- or bioware.